Euro Car Parts has opened its first Republic of Ireland branch in Dublin.
Open to trade customers only, the branch was originally branded Hella Ireland until it was acquired by Euro Car Parts in August 2016.
Euro Car Parts has not just rebranded the branch but has invested heavily to grow the services on offer. This includes:
• Tripling the size of the fleet to include 12 vans and two motorbikes for quicker local delivery during peak traffic times. 3PL Logistics, a supply chain management software, means that the branch delivers best-in-class order fulfilment services.
• More than doubling warehouse space from 40,000 square feet to 90,000 square feet so more stock can be held on site.
• Holding the stock in a modern racking system that increases shelf space and using a new trading system to speed up invoicing, helping to manage stock flow to secure excellent product availability.
• Recruiting additional staff. After beginning with 31 employees, Euro Car Parts will recruit a further 13 staff members to support the branch’s increased operations to reach a total of 48 in early 2017.
• Local delivery times will be vastly improved with customers receiving products within 30 minutes, extending to 45 minutes for those in the northern area of Dublin. Remaining workshops will receive multiple deliveries throughout the day.
• With double the stock range, the new branch will have 65,000 product lines in store and will offer the entire Euro Car Parts range for next day delivery if an order is received before 18:00.
Martin Gray, CEO of Euro Car Parts, said: “The business has been operating in Dublin since 1979 and has very experienced staff, some of whom have been working in the industry for over 30 years.
“We’re retaining this expertise and adding Euro Car Parts’ full product range to deliver service that goes the extra mile and continues to support existing customers. We’re expanding what is on offer by investing in additional infrastructure and resources.”
“We successfully partner with tens of thousands of independent garages in the UK and we are thrilled and delighted to extend that support to the Republic of Ireland.”
The branch is based in Santry, Dublin. Those interested in getting in touch with the branch should visit www.eurocarparts.com/dublin.html.