FIGIEFA (International Federation of Wholesalers of Automotive Replacement Parts), is looking for a Technical Advisor (full-time or substantial part time) to support the activities of its office in Brussels.
FIGIEFA is the European federation and political representative in Brussels of the independent wholesalers and retailers of automotive replacement parts. Together with its 19 national European Member State members, it represents the interests of more than 30,000 companies trading with vehicle parts, components and accessories throughout Europe. The aim of FIGIEFA is to safeguard a legislative environment in the EU that provides free and fair competition in the automotive aftermarket. In this context, ensuring continued access to technical information for independent market operators and the availability of spare parts, is of crucial importance for our association in a rapidly changing automotive technology environment.
• Manage all technical and IT related (e.g. the ‘connected car’) dossiers and processes in connection with FIGIEFA activities in the area of the automotive aftermarket.
• Advise FIGIEFA in all technical and IT related matters related to e.g. telematics or access to technical information or EC type-approval legislation.
• Participate in meetings (in Brussels or EU) upon request of FIGIEFA (such as e.g. EC Working Groups, telematics working groups, legislative requirements for the access to repair & maintenance information, CEN or UNECE standardisation meetings, FIGIEFA working group meetings) and assume responsibility for the management of the corresponding technical subjects and dossiers.
• Support the FIGIEFA Secretariat in its information activities and meetings.
• Advise and prepare answers on upcoming questions from the EU institutions.
• Liaise with FIGIEFA’s partner alliance AFCAR (Alliance for the Freedom of Car Repair in the EU).
• Communicate with FIGIEFA experts and work out common strategies, statements and positions.
• Experienced automotive technical expert or qualified engineer in computer science – IT architecture or mechanical automotive engineering (preferably with specialisation in vehicle communication, diagnostics and electronic components or contemporary and developing vehicle technologies).
• Good English language skills (oral and written).
• Interpersonal communicational skill to participate in meetings with business partners and counterparts.
• Capable of assessing the business consequences of new legislation, automotive technologies and service procedures.
• Proactive person, capable of working on his/her own, but in close cooperation with the FIGIEFA Secretariat.
• High degree of availability and flexibility required: Capacity and willingness to work on the basis of flexible working hours.
• Availability for frequent trips when necessary to other European countries.
• Full-time or part-time employment contract or freelance contract also possible on the basis of a 3 year assignment. The ideal candidate would preferably be located in, or would be prepared to move to Brussels. In the event of a freelance contract involving commuting to Brussels, a maximum 2 hours travelling distance to Brussels is obligatory.
• We offer you a diverse and challenging position within a multi-national and political environment that tackles a wide range of technical issues.
• Start: immediately.
To submit an application, please contact the FIGIEFA office direct.