For the second consecutive year the Alliance Automotive Group brought together GROUPAUTO & UAN trading groups members, garages from the AutoCare and United Garage Services networks and Top Truck workshops for the two-day event centred around their business and how they can get the most from the group.
On Thursday 3rd and Friday 4th October 2019, over 1500 delegates attended the two-day event at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool. The event began on the evening of Wednesday 2nd October, for delegates who were staying over the night before, ready for a bright and early start at the Motor Factor Show on Thursday 3rd October. PanAm Bar on the Albert Docks was open exclusively to our delegates so they could enjoy drinks, hot food and for the Liverpool fans, a live screening of their Champions League match against Salzburg. At half time there was a live prize draw and all delegates who attended had the chance to win a weekend trip to Milan for two people, which was kindly sponsored by CMM Events. Maria Peacock of UAN member Express Factors Sevenoaks was the very lucky winner. Sharon Robinson of GROUPAUTO member M1 Motor Parts and Craig McCracken of UAN member Autoparts each won a clothing bundle worth £100, courtesy of clothing and promotional merchandise partner Involution. Andy Robertson of UAN member Trowbridge Motor Supplies and Denzil Thomas of UAN member Trident Tyres & Accessories Ltd each won a vehicle livery kit, which was sponsored by van and building signage provider Adbell.
On Thursday 3rd October, the Motor Factor Show opened its doors to LV and CV member businesses from the GROUPAUTO & UAN trading groups. Throughout the day, over 150 of the groups’ approved suppliers were exhibiting, running offers and competitions designed to entice the delegates to their stand. This year the trade hall was split in to zones and delegates were encouraged to visit exhibitors in each zone for the chance to win one of 50 amazing prizes from tech and tools to hospitality tickets and experience days. Both members and garages could take part and the prizes were kindly sponsored by the exhibiting suppliers.
There were also some exciting announcements at the event; the eagerly anticipated NAPA brand was launched for the first time to members and there were some big orders placed on the day. Over on the NAPA stand members had the chance to take on the NAPA Master Racing Simulator to win a trip to the NAPA EXPO 2020 in Las Vegas. Congratulations to GROUPAUTO member Frenches Autos who won the fastest lap and their trip to Vegas in April next year. The winners of the Bosch Van Giveaway were also announced on the Bosch stand. Delegates gathered in anticipation as LV members Unity Autofactors Ltd and HBA Distribution Ltd won the Peugeot Partner vans and CV member Europa Truck Parts Ltd won the Peugeot Expert van.
As usual exhibitors had gone to great lengths to showcase their brand in elaborate and engaging ways; there were some very impressive stand builds this year and choosing the winner of Stand of the Year was even harder – the winner this year was the Bilstein Group.
As the Motor Factor Trade Show closed, members made their way to the conference session whilst exhibitors made the necessary changes to their stand ready for the Garage Show the following day. After the conference session, there was time for a quick rest before the evening entertainment got underway at Punch Tarmey’s Irish Bar in Cains Brewery. Over 900 delegates attended, enjoying live music, hot food and drinks in one of Liverpool’s newest development in the Baltic Triangle.
Over 1100 delegates arrived at the Garage Show on Friday 4th October and the atmosphere around the hall was fantastic. After the garage show, delegates made their way to the garage networks’ conference sessions for an update from their garage network manager.
Later, Friday evening, 700 guests attended the Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony which was held at the stunning Liverpool Cathedral. It was a spectacular setting to round off a very successful event.
Bob Ackroyd, Managing Director UK Trading Groups took to the stage before dinner to announce the winners of this year’s prestigious Supplier, Member and Garage of the Year Awards. He finished by saying, “I would like to thank everybody who took the time out of their businesses to attend this event. I would also like to thank our suppliers; the event just wouldn’t be possible without you. Finally, congratulations to all this year’s award winners, you should all be very proud of your achievements.”
The 2019 Award Winners
• UK TRADING GROUPS’ SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – Apec Braking
• CV SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – Midland Caliper Centre Ltd
• CV LOGIX SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – Diesel Technic UK & Ireland Ltd
• CV MEMBER OF THE YEAR – Partic Motor Spares Ltd
• GROUPAUTO LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (UP TO £3M PURCHASES) – Autoparts (Cumbria) Ltd
• GROUPAUTO LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (£3M+ PURCHASES) – Millfield Autoparts Ltd
• UAN LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (UP TO £3M PURCHASES) – Total Motor Factors Ltd
• UAN LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (£3M+ PURCHASES) – Autosupplies (Chesterfield) Ltd
Garage Networks Awards
• UNITED GARAGE SERVICES GARAGE OF THE YEAR – L H A Car & Commercial
• UNITED GARAGE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR – Howard Loftus of Autosupplies (Chesterfield) Ltd
• AUTOCARE GARAGE OF THE YEAR – Morgan Richards Garage Ltd
• AUTOCARE CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR – Vicki Harris of Motofacts
• AUTOCARE CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR RUNNER UP – Roger Pimblett of Autoparts (Cumbria) Ltd
• TOP TRUCK WORKSHOP OF THE YEAR – RB Trucks Ltd
Autocare Regional Garage Winners
• Morgan Richards Garage Ltd – South East
• Middlebrook Garage – Midlands
• Bridge Garage – North East
• One Stop Car Service Centre (Northern Ireland) – Ireland
• Haven Garage – South
• Ferris Garage Ltd – South West
• Brondeifi Garage Ltd – Wales
• Carlton Colville Service Station Ltd- East Anglia
• S J & B Pritchard Auto Repairs – North West
• The Garage (Whitburn) Ltd – Scotland
• Muslin Hall Garage Ltd – Yorkshire