The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) is consulting on regulatory proposals regarding consumer Internet of Things security.
Who is this consultation for?
- Device Manufacturers: The entity that creates an assembled final internet-connected product. A final product may contain the products of many other different manufacturers.
- IoT Service Providers: Companies that provide services such as networks, cloud storage and data transfer which are packaged as part of IoT solutions. Internet-connected devices may be offered as part of the service.
- Mobile Application Developers: Entities that develop and provide applications which run on mobile devices. These are often offered as a way of interacting with devices as part of an IoT solution.
- Retailers: The sellers of internet-connected products and associated services to consumers.
- Those with a direct or indirect interest in the field of consumer IoT security, including consumer groups, academics and technical experts.
This consultation document is complementary to the consultation stage impact assessment Mandating security requirements for consumer Internet of Things (IoT) products.
If you would like the IAAF to pull together your views on this please could you e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th May as the consultation closes on June 5th.