This year sees the ninth year of the IAAF Golf Team Challenge and it has proved to be an excellent way for those in the aftermarket to network at a social level and to raise money for the industry charity, BEN.
This year’s two events are at Worsley Park near Manchester and The Abbey Hotel & Golf Course near Redditch. Companies can enter for either or both venues.
As with previous years, we will once more be accepting entries from teams of four at a cost of £360 per team (plus VAT) and from individuals at a cost of £95 each (plus VAT). Individuals will be put into teams by our event organiser, Joe Richardson, who has once again kindly agree to co-ordinate these events on behalf of the IAAF.
The overall winning team from across the two days’ play will be invited to the IAAF’s Annual Dinner in December where they will be presented with their trophy.
The venues and dates are as follows:
North 9th July Worsley Park, Nr. Manchester
Midlands 15th August The Abbey Hotel, Nr. Redditch
The cost includes:
- Bacon Sandwich and Coffee/Tea on arrival
- 18 Holes of golf
- Evening meal served after golf
- Presentation of prizes to the winners on the dayThe Company Team Challenge will be a four ball format whereby the best two scores on each hole will score and on par three holes all four scores will count. The overall winning team across the two days’ play will be invited to the IAAF’s Annual Dinner in December and will be presented with their prizes.
Various sponsorship opportunities are available; these are:
- Longest Drive £100 + cost of trophy (c. £50)
- Nearest the Pin £100 + cost of trophy (c. £50)
- Golf Ball and Tee Sponsor £100 + cost of golf balls and tees
- Golf Umbrella Sponsor £100 + cost of umbrellas
- Light Refreshment Sponsor £100