This year the Alliance Automotive Group UK brought the entire group together to stage one of the industry’s biggest automotive events. On Thursday 4th & Friday 5th October, over 2000 delegates from the GROUPAUTO & UAN trading groups and the AutoCare, United Garage Services and Top Truck garage networks attended the two-day event at the Exhibition Centre Liverpool.
The Motor Factor Trade Show opened its doors to LV and CV member businesses from GROUPAUTO & UAN trading groups. Throughout the day, over 150 of the groups’ approved suppliers were exhibiting, running offers and competitions. There were also some exciting announcements made on the day; UAN member Thomson’s Motor Factors Ltd in Stirling won the Exopro Van Giveaway and GROUPAUTO member Millfield Autoparts won the runner-up prize of £100 BigDug vouchers. The winners of the Bosch Grand Giveaways Florida Fly-drive were also announced; Saj Jessa from Millfield Autoparts and Dave Clarke from Autosupplies (Chesterfield) were the lucky winners. The winners were drawn on the day and announced on the Bosch stand.
As usual exhibitors had gone to great lengths to showcase their brand in elaborate and engaging ways; from magicians and interactive games to software demos and competitions. This year the Stand of the Year award was presented to BM Catalysts for the impressive use of their stand space. In the CV Zone, 47 commercial vehicle suppliers showcased what they have to offer to G-Truck and UAN Truck members.
As the Motor Factor Trade Show closed, members made their way to the conference session whilst exhibitors made the necessary changes to their stand ready for the Garage Trade Show the following day. Over 1200 delegates attended on Friday 5th October and the buzz around the hall was fantastic all day. This was the first year that all three garage networks – AutoCare, United Garage Services and Top Truck – came together to experience the annual garage event. After the garage show, delegates made their way to the garage networks’ conference sessions where the regional garage awards were announced.
Over 730 guests attended the Gala Dinner and Awards ceremony which was held at the ACC Liverpool. It was a glittering ceremony rounding off a spectacular event; after the 3-course dinner the annual awards were announced.
Overall the event was a big success and feedback following the event has been very positive. GROUPAUTO would like to thank everybody who attended the event and helped make it the biggest and best yet.
The 2018 award winners were:
• UK TRADING GROUPS’ SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – Exol
• CV SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – CV LOGIX
• CV LOGIX SUPPLIER OF THE YEAR – Haldex
• G-TRUCK MEMBER OF THE YEAR – NE Truck Spares Ltd (NETS)
• UAN TRUCK MEMBER OF THE YEAR – Partic Motor Spares Ltd
• GROUPAUTO LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (UP TO £3M PURCHASES) – GL Motor Factors Ltd
• GROUPAUTO LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (£3M+ PURCHASES) – All Vehicle Parts Ltd
• UAN LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (UP TO £3M PURCHASES) – Car Parts Express Ltd
• UAN LV MEMBER OF THE YEAR (£3M+ PURCHASES) – Autosupplies (Chesterfield) Ltd
Garage Networks Awards
• UNITED GARAGE SERVICES GARAGE OF THE YEAR – Robert Thompson Garage Services
• UNITED GARAGE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR – Mark Bedford – Yorkshire Exhaust Specialists (YES)
• UNITED GARAGE SERVICES CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR RUNNER UP – Howard Loftus – Autosupplies (Chesterfield) Ltd
• AUTOCARE GARAGE OF THE YEAR – M.H. Vehicle Services Ltd
• AUTOCARE CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR – Steve Young – A.T. Johnson
• AUTOCARE CO-ORDINATOR OF THE YEAR RUNNER UP – Mike Seers – Auto Battery Services
• TOP TRUCK WORKSHOP OF THE YEAR – Egertons Fleet Service Ltd
AUTOCARE Regional Garage Winners
• Station View Garage – South East
• M.H. Vehicle Services Ltd – Midlands
• JA Services (Ripon) Ltd – North East
• Sprint Auto Centre Ltd – Northern Ireland
• Joe’s Repair Shop – South
• My Garage Emerson Green – South West
• Rent-A-Tech Services – Wales
• Paradise Garage – East Anglia
• Whitecroft Garage Ltd – North West
• Paul Bowers Motors Ltd – Scotland
• Black Brook Garage Ltd – Yorkshire