Halfords Autocentres, the UK’s largest independent garage network, has introduced hybrid car servicing. The move reflects the growing number of hybrid cars on the road, as the industry predicts there will be 200,000 electric or plug-in hybrid cars driven in the UK by the end of this year. As the first national garage network to offer these services, expert technicians will service any make and model of hybrid car using the latest techniques and diagnostic equipment.
One in 10 fully qualified electric car hybrid mechanics in the UK are trained by Halfords Autocentres as the network has invested in training its technicians to offer services to meet the needs of drivers of all types of cars.
Stefan Warhaftig, Commercial Director for Halfords Autocentres says: “Being the first to offer Hybrid services nationally is a great milestone for us. We’ve trained almost 400 technicians to develop the skills needed to service and maintain low carbon vehicles – so we’re pleased to be able to broaden our offering to customers.”
Halfords Autocentres offer three levels of hybrid services which are designed to meet the needs of all cars – no matter their condition. These include:
• Interim Service – 6 month vehicle service (from £89) – this 6 month, 54-point service is designed for the high mileage car user, or where the manufacturer recommends more frequent checks between annual services. This service includes an oil and filter change, top ups of essential fluids, as well as brake, steering and suspension checks
• Full Service – 12 month vehicle service (from £159) – this is a comprehensive annual service for trouble free motoring. It exceeds most manufacturers’ service schedules, and includes 81 checks and adjustments including an air filter change, a top up of brake fluid, power steering fluid and coolant. High quality parts are used and we check and record wear and tear items using a colour code reporting system, to give you peace of mind
• Major Service – 24 month vehicle service (from £215) – this 24 month complete service covers all areas of essential maintenance. In addition to all the items included in our Interim and Full Services, the Major Service covers items that are regularly recommended for replacement every two years, including your cabin filter and brake fluid change
In addition to the regular checks carried out as part of the above services, Hybrid Servicing includes:
• Diagnostic hybrid battery health check
• Charging port and high voltage cables check
• Inverter coolant check
• Brake binding check